Wednesday 7 November 2007

New Sighting

(...) When the crew needed to watch their footage in Ashley's basement, we might have been expected to leave. But Liman referred to my friend and me as "our guests" and allowed us to stay. Some time later, the director went off to shoot exteriors and I was left to have an hour-long conversation with Hayden Christensen.

I had thought it would be impossible to try to make small talk with someone like Christensen without being dumbfounded by his star power, but something about the fact that he had ordered and eaten a 8-incher from Jimmy John's made it easier to strike up a conversation. I was pleasantly surprised to find the actor engaging, polite and respectful of the many fans who walked by begging for autographs.

I asked him, "Do you mind all this?"

"This is what I signed up for," he replied. "I remember when I went to hockey games and asked for signatures; I liked the guys that gave them, didn't like the ones that didn't."

Now that's just classy.

And I will add, there's no experience more humbling than standing next to an actor for an hour and having every girl who passes comment on how hot he looks. (...)

read more here

No comments: